BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Don't choke, don't choke...

Now I feel like the British teenager Kanye West chose as his single person to follow on Twitter (but hopefully without that huge onsurge of followers Mr. Teenager got from that event). Let me explain the full story: Several months ago my mom proposed that each month I choose a new novel to get from Amazon.com and she pays for it, provided the final price is reasonable. I guess since I'm more of an English/arts person, she wants to keep me in civilized company where books are concerned. It might sound weird and old-fashioned to some people, I suppose, but I love reading and at the time I hadn't gotten any new books for ages, so I was really excited. And so it began...

Fast forward a few months. I happened to see a novel on Amazon by this more-or-less-obscure author and got interested, so I bought it. I didn't leave a review for it on Amazon until a few days ago, but I did manage to find and follow her on Twitter in the meantime. And guess what...half an hour ago she tweeted with a thank you for my nice review! She doesn't know me personally, of course, but since I took the time to give a genuine review...

It was just sheer coincidence that I was following her on Twitter and happened to see her tweet on this. She didn't mention any reviewer's names in the tweet, but I was curious and checked it out. And holy moly, it was my review for her book! She currently has 768 followers and has tweeted a lot about her writing schedule, other reviews for her books, etc., so you can understand my surprise. It was all I could do to not start squealing and hopping up and down. Hopefully I'm not coming across as shallow. It's just really cool to have a mini-celeb acknowledge you and thank you for what you had to say. Good thing that there's nobody home but me now...

0 comments: