BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Creativity is flowing freely again....

Well, I've been pretty busy creating icons and computer wallpapers as of late. Most of these are Phantom-of-the-Opera related. Take a look (click to view in full size):


 
 

 
I'm very old-school, so I do the bulk of the work in Microsoft Paint and use the program GIMP for embellishing, like that red supernova in the wallpaper directly above this. Aren't they purdy? 
Anyway, tomorrow is the surprise birthday party for my friend. She loves Marilyn Manson's music to death. I have two of his songs on my iPod, but generally he's a *tad* too extreme for me (for those who've never heard of him, he's either gothic rock, industrial, metal...along those lines). But I took some time off my own Phantom obsession to create a computer wallpaper for her. The lyrics are from his song "Coma White":
 
Birthday friend and I were doing a Google Image search because she wanted to change her laptop wallpaper to a Marilyn Manson pic. At the time I had absolutely no idea who he was. Well, I did, but a very minimal idea; I was a little creeped by his gothic persona. However, we did manage to find this absolutely beautiful black-and-white picture of him performing, which is the same picture in the lower right corner.

Party's tomorrow....I made her two CD's full of New Age and symphonic metal and a few other things. The food will be awesome...We're meeting at a Japanese restaurant.


If you'd like to see more of my wallpapers, click here: http://s446.photobucket.com/albums/qq184/liveforlife2494/Phantom%20of%20the%20Opera/Made%20by%20liveforlife2494/Wallpapers/

0 comments: