BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 21, 2009

Junior year kicks up a notch. Or kicks my crotch. However you wanna say it.

My English teacher wasn't here today, thank goodness.....! Her class is just SO INTENSE, you cannot believe it. It's incredible. Even though she wasn't here today, we were still in her presense. Read "Young Goodman Brown" by Nathaniel Hawthorne and "analyze the hell out of it", like my friend's mom would say. Read it we did, all 10 pgs of it in 12-pt Times New Roman. Analyze it I can't.

Okay. I admit it. I ended up Googling for the analyzing/symbolism.
I tried. I really did. But all that stuff about consorting with the Devil didn't really stick in place until I read it online.

So anyway, I have to do an annotated bibliography that's due on Thursday. The idea is fairly simple, but it's going to take me several hours to do just one, and I have to do two of them. The basic idea is, you comb through a bunch of analytical essays about a certain "classic" book assigned for reading by your half-mad English teacher. The essays are uberlong and all written by scholars, so good luck with understanding what the heck they are saying. After you're done, you want to start off your annotated bibliography with an MLA citation of the article, and right after that you dive in with a summary of what the scholar was doing in the essay, which should be one paragraph. In the second one, you write about what kinds of theses the essay could support and for what use students can put it to.

See, it sounds very simple, but I'm positive in real life it's harder than that. I'm about to find out very soon.....

0 comments: