BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Junior Year

I haven't been blogging for a very long time...anyway...

Junior year...well, I don't know what to say about this school year. It's drastically different, in ways I can't even explain. But I'll try my best, and because of time reasons, I'll have to condense it:

  • English Honors, Spanish 5 Honors and perhaps Biology Honors promise to be very tough subjects, especially English. Normally I don't have a huge problem with English, but I can't analyze. "Find 4 examples of satire in Babbitt." Um. I can't find any, I understand the plot when I'm reading, not the satire underneath......you see, readers, I'm going to be analyzing so much this year that my brain will start leaking out my ears or something similarly gross.
  • My History class=20 people. Math=TWELVE people. These two classes are TINY for my school. There are 400 people in my grade alone. Naturally, because the classes are usually twice this size, nobody talks in those classes. I never understand that, personally.
  • Choir class during school is a salve to me. The boy that I like is in that class, plus plenty of friends, so it's a real cool-downer.
  • Is it normal that on the first weekend after school begins, your only homework is to read Obama's recent speech on education and comment on it in a blog?
Anyway, that's all I can think of right now off the top of my head. More to come later, perhaps..

Oh! The drama teacher in my school who's running the fall play and spring musical (I'm doing both this year) mentioned a PHANTOM OF THE OPERA field trip. Holy COW. Oh Em Jee. This is like a dream come true!!

Only thing is, after a major argument with my mom last night, this trip is probably out of the picture. She's not allowing me to go on the annual chorus trip, this year to Canada.

We'll see how it works out.

0 comments: