BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

End of an Era

I found out today that I got into Chamber Choir, the auditioned choir group of my school. 

I've been taking choir for seven years now and I think I have a decently good voice. Buuuuuuuuuuut, I have never taken private voice lessons outside of school. So when it comes down to it, I'm lacking in some nuts and bolts of a good singer. So all in all I'm really happy that I got in, but I think I might be at a disadvantage because I believe that a good portion of the Chamber Choir members take voice lessons outside of school. And basically, all of the members in Chamber Choir, whether they had voice lessons or not, are just REALLY GOOD. I bugged my parents several times over the last one or two years about arranging voice lessons, but they don't have time. So part of me feels like a mediocre wannabe intruding on a lively little party reserved only for the really good singers. 

On the upside, I'll be with more people I know well next year, which makes me really happy. Readers, do you have or did you remember that class in school where your classmates were people you hardly knew and that you only had one average friend? Or worse, you didn't know anybody at all? So when they're absent, you feel embarrassed or lonely? That's pretty much the case with me this year in Choir. I have my friends, I love them and they love me, but they number pretty small because a) around half of the choir are freshmen and they tend to remain in their preformed groups, and b) I think there's only one other junior in the non-audition choir group that I'm in, and we aren't that close.

And all this makes me really guilty because one of my very good friends, which may be reading these words, will remain in the non-auditioned group. 


0 comments: