BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 19, 2010

Just don't.

Just to put the idea out there, DO NOT procrastinate on a marking-period project that requires you to do an annotated bibliography--a regular bibliography with a general thesis and how your article or essay supports it. 

Especially if you need to do it on the masterpiece of an author of your choice...

Using five decent-length, understandable essays concerning that masterpiece...

And remembering, of course, the complicated formatting of the finished document...

When it's due the next day.

DON'T.

I've been unfortunate enough to do exactly that.
I finished my annotated bibliography on "The Negro Speaks of Rivers" by Langston Hughes about 15 minutes ago.
I started doing it seriously from about 10 pm, but I think I've made my point clear.


PS: Although you might come home from school and be so exhausted you're sorely tempted to crawl off to bed and nap for three hours, sometimes it's better to work through the sleepiness. Especially if in addition to the annotated bibliography, you also have to finish your outline for a DBQ (Document-Based Question), which is generally not the easiest thing to write.

0 comments: