BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

First few days back...

So it turns out that the first day back from our 6-day weekend wasn't utterly terrible...

Lab report for Biology Honors
Thank goodness my friend was right. My teacher accepted this today. I was terrified that I was supposed to email it to him over the break, because I didn't. The system in my school is that for every day that an assignment is late, you lose 10% of maximum points off your grade. Example: your 100-point project is 1 day late, so now the maximum you can get is a 90%. Thankfully, that didn't happen.


History project:  
My teacher assigned an oral-history project...basically a long-term project that features an interview...for historical periods and events from the 1960's to the 1980's. The only problem is, because both my parents are naturalized US citizens, it's very difficult for me to find an adult to interview. I eventually found one person who offered to try, but wasn't sure she could be a great choice for this because she wouldn't be able to give the most in-depth answers. So I was a nervous wreck and I talked to my teacher today, feeling like an ashamed little dog who couldn't find the ball her owner threw, telling him that I had big problems finding someone....and then he said not to stress out about it. Which surprised me a lot, because this project is a pretty big deal. Anyhoo, I took a last shot and freaked out to my lunch table, being so stressed out it wasn't funny anymore. As luck would have it, one of my friends offered to ask her parents if they could help me with the project, and I just got their enthusiastic okay via my friend's Facebook. Sweet!!!!! I'm on my merry way. Topic: the Civil Rights Movement, my favorite historical period in America.

Socratic Seminar on Walden in English: 
This wasn't as bad as I feared. Like I mentioned before, a Socratic Seminar is basically a graded discussion in class on a certain work. This time, it was regular ol' brain-draining Walden. I somehow became the leader of the seminar in our group of 6 people, and was a little nervous at the prospect of 25 other people sitting in a circle staring at you and your little group, who are in the center. But it went pretty darn well; not perfect, but pretty good.

0 comments: