BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 26, 2010

Back to Basics

Please allow me to get into my Phantom side again.


The Broadway sequel to The Phantom of the Opera is coming up very soon! Wish I could be there for the March debut in the West End, but since I can't teleport myself to London...

The cast recording for the sequel, "Love Never Dies," is available for pre-order and I fell in absolute love maybe two months ago with the song "Till I Hear You Sing" sung by Ramin Karimloo, who played the Phantom in London and will be the Phantom for the sequel. I was lucky enough to bump into the new, official music video for it and fell in love all over again:

(Even if you don't give a damn about musicals, give this one a listen. He's a complete natural, and if I'm correct, had practically zero voice lessons. This is also one of those songs where you don't need to know the backstory in order to understand the song.) 



The setting of the sequel is around 1880-1890, if I'm right. I have no idea why it's all modernized for the video, but it's still amazing. Little Miss Beautiful Woman in the vid is Sierra Boggess, who plays the Phantom's love interest and also originated the role of Ariel in Broadway's The Little Mermaid. There's something a little off about Ramin Karimloo's movements--maybe he's more used to being onstage compared to camera closeups--but I just love this video.

0 comments: