BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 22, 2010

I am officially brain-dead.

I know I've been through this before, and in fact, in previous years it's been worse, but being stuck in the same building for thirteen hours straight (six of them in a 6,000 ft^2 space--relatively small, but don't trust me with figuring out area) is pretty darn trying. And trying to do your homework in 75% darkness isn't so hot either. How do the others manage?

Well, this might as well be the time where I spill my chill about the annual musical. Hopefully without boring my readers to death. The musical is "Once Upon A Mattress", which is based on The Princess and the Pea. You know, the one with the princess who had full-fledged insomnia and got bruises from a little green sphere under her bed? That's the one. At best, the musical is mediocre, I'm sad to say. Like my chorus teacher said, only the very best in talent can really make it memorable. With many amazingly gifted seniors leaving last year and the year before, our cast doesn't quite have the same punch. And it seems to consist of a ton of freshmen and seniors who did the musical...just because. Not necessarily because they wanted to give their all....only just because.

So that adds up to a lot of side talk, our level of accomplishment squashed and a frustrated (and therefore scary) choir teacher to deal with. Not cool all around. 

But we still have potential. We're not all composed of untalented losers. And we've got some magic for y'all. So come get some! This Friday and Saturday, we will bring you back to 1392. 

0 comments: