BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Gah.

It's really strange that I should be feeling meh and kind of annoyed today, since I'm still in the thick of the long weekend and should be all happy-go-lucky. We had a 6-day weekend suddenly compared to the original 4-day weekend, so why on earth am I like this? I really don't know, but I can come up with a few:

 I never paid much attention to computer and hardware requirements for new computer games and programs, but I read something about how the game I ordered can't run (smoothly) on computer with more than ______MB of RAM, so now I'm kind of antsy about whether I can even play this thing when it arrives. I figure that if any problems crop up, I can just ask my brother, who's a genius when it comes to the techy part of computers. It's also another reminder for me to comb through all my programs and delete the ones that I don't need, because the more stuff you have on a computer, the slower it will run.

I sincerely cannot believe my English Honors teacher assigned us Walden. I normally love reading and don't mind reading classics as long as I understand what's happening, but Walden is pretty much impossible to read. Henry David Thoreau takes literally thirty pages to emphasize the same thing over and over in different ways, until you're so tangled up in his two-page paragraphs that you can't make any sense of what he's saying anymore. And plus, you know how Chinese New Year is tomorrow? Someone high-up in authority sends out an email to all the teachers annually around this time reminding them to "be sensitive" to people celebrating Chinese New Year; meaning, try to give everyone less homework around this time. 

Unfortunately, my teacher apparently doesn't care about that at all (despite the fact that she's adopted a Chinese boy). She assigned the second (and last, thank God) reading assignment from Walden to be due right after this long weekend....this coming Tuesday. Schmancy-fantastico...I'm going to be reading Walden--repetitive, tongue-twisting, brain-dehydrating Walden--during Chinese New Year.  


On the upside--I listened to this song again and I've forgotten how good it is. The only complaint I have is that the singer's vibrato is so fast it's actually distracting, but otherwise, it's excellent! 

PS: This will sound random unless you play the vid, but do not hate overweight or obese people. Especially this girl. She will blow your mind to bits with her singing. If you're a hater, I hope your mind stays like that, because you'd deserve it.
 

In a nutshell:

  • Metal is a subgenre of rock music.
  • Symphonic metal is a subgenre of metal music and makes more use of melody and keyboards, hence the symphony-ness.  
  • Metal music, for the most part, should not be feared. It's slightly heavier, a little angstier at times (think Linkin Park), but that's all there is to it. 
  • Elaboration: Not all metal is screaming and growling. Not all metal is Drano-voice screeching that makes your ears bleed. There are some famous musicians and bands from the non-pop/rock scene that belong to the metal genre and churn out very successful albums.

1 comments:

doppelherzx3 said...

That really SUCKS your teacher did that! D: Luckily for once in my life I decided to do my homework assigned the day it was due before this epic snowstorm break. xP If you want I can help, even though I'm not reading it.


P.S Just take it easy, you only have one life! Don't stress cause that'll make it worse. <3


xing nian kuai le by the way!